Darcy Woods penned her first book at the age of five, a titillating tale about cats with mats and rats with hats. Fortunately, her vocabulary has since expanded, and her writing medium no longer includes construction paper with yarn binding.
Her personal mantra is that there is always magic in the mundane. This would explain why many stories she writes have a hint (or heap) of supernatural.
Her occupational menagerie includes: three years in the US Army refueling helicopters (seriously), a brief stint selling Xerox copiers (don’t ask), and over a decade as an esthetician in a spa. She eagerly awaits her next big adventure—culinary or otherwise—in the great state of Michigan, where she lives with her insanely supportive husband, two cats (who identify as dogs), and a closet full of shoes.
Awards & Accolades:
- 2011 Golden Heart® Finalist in Young Adult Romance for SPARK
- 2012 Winner of North Chicago RWA® Fire and Ice Contest in YA Category for EMERGENCE
- 2012 Winner of Connecticut RWA® Write Stuff Contest in YA Category for EMERGENCE
- 2013 Golden Heart® Finalist in Young Adult Romance for SUMMER OF SUPERNOVA
- 2013 Winner of WRWDC Marlene Contest in YA Category for SUMMER OF SUPERNOVA
- 2013 Yellow Rose RWA® Winter Rose Contest Finalist for SUMMER OF SUPERNOVA