Super Not-So-Secret Stuff

Here’s a list of 10 things you may not know about me. Reading this list will not make you smarter, nor does it promise to make your life more fulfilled. Come to think of it, you’d probably lead quite a fine existence without it.

But if you’re anything like me, it’s these random bits about a person that make them so darn intriguing. Then again, I am weird.

1. I was an extra in a movie! Reality: It was a late 90’s movie called RENAISSANCE MAN. Yeah, no one else remembers it either.
  2. I cannot stand a messy refrigerator. Contents must be well organized. I don’t know why.
  3. Ditto for linen closets.
  4. I’m not a vegetarian but will only eat things with two legs or less. This does not include people.
  5. LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE makes me cry EVERY single time I watch it. Or if I hear the song (The Winner Is) from the soundtrack. Seriously, it’s like a Pavlovian response and I get all water-worksy.
  6. I went to a tanning booth once when I lived in Germany. Some kids reached under the door and stole my bra and underwear. It is hard to be taken seriously without underwire or fanny support.
  7. I don’t use a pillow when I sleep. I use a Bucky. One of those horseshoe-shaped thingys most people use when they travel, except it’s not inflatable, it’s full of buckwheat hulls.
  8. The best smell in the world is line-dried sheets. In fact, I’m afraid to fall asleep because I’ll miss out on the smell and then in the morning all the magic is gone.
  9. My hair is not *naturally* red. But it should have been. I’m just correcting Mother Nature’s oversight.
  10. When I grew up I wanted to be a trapeze artist…and a veterinarian, and a telephone operator, and a mad scientist, and a painter/sculptor. Not all at once though.

How about you? Any Super Not-So-Secret Stuffs you’d like to share? I’m hoping you won’t leave me hanging with all my oddities flapping in the breeze. :-)

Happy Tuesday all!

Writer's Life

15 Responses to Super Not-So-Secret Stuff

1. Bria Quinlan says:

I am SO relieved about the amendment on the end of #4.

• Darcy says:

It was an important distinction. Thanks for commenting, Bria! 😉

• Ha, me too. Especially in light of recent news… 😉

Love your list, Darcy! I’m not just picky about the refrigerator, but also how the dishwasher’s loaded, how the cupboards are organized, and the order of items in my closet. I’m kind of like OCD on training wheels. I’ve had to let some of it go with two boys and a husband, though. And none of this has anything to do with how clean the house actually is. That’s for someone else to worry about.

You’d think I’d be a plotter, but alas, my writing brain does not play well with my ordered side. Thanks for sharing!

• Darcy says:

Oh, Gwen, we might need to start a group…organizational troops are forming! Do you think instead of OCD, we could be feng shui masters instead? It sounds enlightened rather than neurotic :-) anyone wishing to join, please raise your hand in an orderly fashion. Thanks for stopping and sharing!

2. Tracy Brogan says:

Love your list, Miss D. FWIW, I have labels on my refrigerator shelves. No one abides by them except me – but you will love the heroine in my first book :) And I, too, choose to nudge mother nature’s palette toward a more robust red. As for my oddities, oh, so many. I was born on Christmas, had a babytooth until I was 35 (had it capped at 20 and lived in fear it would fall out,) and love consulting with psychics. I have even tried past life regression. Very interesting experience!
    Thanks for sharing your weirdities. I understand now why I am so drawn to you :)

• Darcy says:

Like attracts like :-) Happy to share my oddball stuffs and thanks for sharing yours, Tracy! So you know, I would totally adhere to your refrigerator labels. UNFAILINGLY. Can’t wait to read about your heroine! Sounds like we could be kindred spirits.

3. What a fun way to get to know you!

I was a redhead for a while … starting with strawberry blonde, then moving to a too-dark red when I started dyeing it myself. It was hell to endure the highlighting session when I decided to go back to blonde. The stylist pulled practically every strand of my hair through one of those plastic caps with the crochet-hook thingy. Ouch!

Wait — wasn’t Renaissance Man that movie with Danny Devito as an English teacher in a military school?

• Darcy says:

Arlene! Yikes!!! Those cap and hook thingys WERE brutal, like medieval torture brutal. OMG! You are about the only person who knows Renaissance Man! Yes, Danny Devito was in it. I met him and he’s even shorter in person. They filmed it while I was in basic training, which was about the only highlight of the whole retched experience.

Thanks so much for popping by and sharing. :-)

4. I’m totally with you on the refrigerator and the linen closet thing, Darcy!

5. Jennifer says:

An one more thing I am insanely ocd about pillows on the couch, my kitchen cupboards and the refrigerator. :0)

• Darcy says:

Superfreaks unite!!! This is why we work so well together. Quirks are best when shared by friends. 😉 Thanks for swinging by, Jenny!