Just when I thought Friday couldn’t get any more fun, my fellow Sweet Sixteen debut author Melissa Gorzelanczyk tagged me in a rousing game of #8TerribleTitles!
So how do you play? EASY. Blindly scroll through your manuscript. Because peeking = cheating and do you really want to disappoint your parents that way??? Now as you scroll, let your cursor fall wherever it may. Select the phrase it lands on and–BAM! You’ve got yourself one terrifically terrible title! Repeat this 7 more times. And let the good times roll. 🙂
Here are the fabulously fugly titles from my debut book, SUMMER OF SUPERNOVA:
1. Lines of Orangey Brown (um, gross.)
2. Just Graduated
3. Sheer Crime of Chronology (yes…Yes…YES)
4. He Ponders (this book is going to win awards for its profundity.)
5. A Hard Whack (Oh. Dear. God.)
6. Quit Overanalyzing (sound advice)
7. Hotter Than Mercury
8. Usually Epic (this book is pretty sure of itself)
Next in the #8TerribleTitles lineup, I’m tagging Meg Kassel!
Thanks for playing. 🙂