Young adult author Darcy Woods had three big loves in grade school: Reading, writing, and pizza day. Some things never change. She lives in Michigan with her madly supportive husband, two tuxedo cats (who overdress for everything) and a closet full of neatly organized shoes. Once upon a time, she served in a US Army aviation unit and threw live grenades. Now she throws words.
Darcy’s double RITA®-nominated debut YA romance, SUMMER OF SUPERNOVAS is available from Random House/Crown.
Five Random Factoids About Darcy:
- She has an irrational fear of seaweed (but fearless when it comes to eating it).
- Vintage dresses, fun shoes, and brilliant red lipstick make her heart go pitter patter.
- She once qualified Expert level with an M-16 and has some wicked bayonet skills.
- Music is her muse. Every story she writes has a ridiculously long and diverse playlist.
- If the moon were really made of cheese, she would lasso it and spread it on crackers.
Awards & Accolades:
- 2017 Double RITA® Award Finalist: Best First Book & Best YA Romance for SUMMER OF SUPERNOVAS
- 2017 Maggie Award Finalist in YA Category for SUMMER OF SUPERNOVAS
- 2013 Golden Heart® Winner in Young Adult Romance for SUMMER OF SUPERNOVAS
- 2013 Winner of WRWDC Marlene Contest in YA Category for SUMMER OF SUPERNOVAS
- 2013 Winner of Yellow Rose RWA® Winter Rose Contest in YA Category for SUMMER OF SUPERNOVAS